Friday, July 3, 2009

Today is the official Michael Jackson Day let's Celebrate!!


Inspiration is word that cannot be used enough in the days that have passed since June 25th,2009. If I were to give him the title of "Alpha and Omega in what dedication and talent looks like", others may say that I've turned him into a Godly like person. Unphased by what others think of my own thoughts of the 'King of Pop' I've still chosen to not hold him up in the prospects of being a God but I will hold him up as being the most inspirational person to have ever come out of the music industry in its entire history.

I write this tribute letter to Michael Jackson on the brink of a 4th of July that he'll never see, a birthday that he'll never get to and a concert he'll never perform. Beyond being gone too soon, his presence was sumthin that was always duplicated, cherished and worshiped amongst a number of artists and people in the industry.

Who he was for me was my first introduction to music that really FELT GOOD!

Even as a child there was something that he gave to even the inncocense of my childhood that cannot be dupilated. I appreciated him for his natural existence in my life.

So as i sit here and type these words of what he was for me I sit and realize that I never would have thought I would have to do this because he'd always been in my life.

I believe I was only about 3 yrs old when Thriller came out but he'd been in my eardrums since I was such a young child that to live without him in my existence just never seemed like a thing that could be. I remember my mother having the Thriller album at that young and tender age and how she would let me look at it and sit with it.

Back then albums came with the words to the songs and Michael's album had Tillustrated drawings of many of the songs like Thiller and The Girl Is Mine. lol It was sooo amusing to me as a child to look at it all. He also had a huge picture of himself that had him layin down with a white panther. I believe somewhere in there is where I began to fall inlove with cats of all kinds. I loved how he appeared to be so in tune with nature and life. As a child I was always inquisitive and it just seemed like a 2nd nature to adapt to who he was. Nothing short of amazing is what he seemed. Even at 4yrs old I remember his voice being soo utterly soothing. Human Nature became one of my favorite songs before I understood what the word favorite was.

By 11 yrs old Columbia House records came out with a sale promotion where u could buy 12 cds for A PENNY and most of my cds were Michael and The Jacksons. My best friend Jen and I bought different cds together so that we could have sing alongs in her room and pretend to be the Jackson 5. Even 23 yrs after the Jackson 5 began there were still children and adults learning of who they were as if it were all new to them, as if it came out yesterday. To me he was new and everything that i could find on him was amazing 2 me. By then Bad had already come out and Dangerous was the big hit. Janet had already enticed me in a thousand and one ways as the female version of Michael who appeared very in tune with her own femininity. As a little girl i loved this. It gave me a sense of sensuality at sucha young age that I feel it's made me a person of extreme love in my adult life.

I loved what the individuality of a Jackson represented. I loved the way they gave me inspiration to be who I wanted to be as an artist in my own personal way. I always felt it was perfect motivation to get to the next level of artistry when the either of those 2 came out with a new album.

The level of expertise that has gone into each release to me has always been nothing short of an amzing feat that has contributed to the music industry as a whole. The fact that Michael is mentioned throughout songs on a daily basis before his passing and Michael inspired songs are so rich in the hip hop culture show proof to the importance of who he is as a man to the legacy of what the hip hop culture is.

Take heed to what greatness looks like. Sad as it is to have him gone and not be noted and respected to his highest faboulousity in life what he'll give me in his death are tears of freedom to be me at the most grandest level at all times. For that I will forever respect and congratulate him in reigning supreme above them all in what the definition of greatness looks like.

I'll never call him a God because he isn't one but I do understand in the past 7 days that there are no coincidences in how the outcome of all these things have come to past.

I'd been yearning to write this piece on him for days now not allowing myself to come full circle with the fact that he is no longer walking amongest us. I refused to mention that he'd passed or that he is now deceased because to say it aloud would mean that it were true and if it's true then the tears would reign too high and supreme for me.

It's a reality that I have to be with. I choose to be with it now in my tears of departure from someone who touched me to the depths of my soul and created a huge part of who I am as an artist.

It's nothing short of a miracle that I was able to pull up to my house and a tribute to Michael came on at 3am as I wrote this. WBLS and J&R Music World has chosen to make july 3rd Michael Jackson Day so it's perfect. The number 7 is a powerful number (7th month)and three is the trinity (the 3rd day)it was destined for me to be here writing this peice in the 3rd hour of this day. He'll forever keep me inspired, keep me motivated, and keep me moved and touched to be the most amazing version of
what an artist is for me to be to the world. I hope to make at least 10 percent of the impact that he's made on the world and we as readers and a whole on the human race understand how huge of a percentage that truly is!

My stories could go on for days because his legeacy is strong and powerful. His name will not be lost in the test of time, it will take centuries for him to be forgotten. He will forever be missed. RIP MICHAEL JACKSON (tears)

1 comment:

achoiceofweapons said...

RIP Michael!
I was 13 when Thriller came out and Wow! It was beautiful!
Jaycee