Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Part Duece of My Birthday Extravaganza!!



Just the fact that it was such a beautiful day and the sun was so BRIGHT it made anyone wearing white (like myself) be bright too. It felt like a true blessing to just be able to enjoy such a beautiful day with an array of people.






There was a beautiful girl named Imani from the group Little Jackie and they were pretty damn dope too. Although I’d never heard of them, I later found out that they’ve been written up in Spin Magazine, had been feature as BET's Artist of the Month and they’re kind of a “big deal”. I guess you would be if you were doing Central Park’s SummerStage.













Check them out at
www.myspace.com/LittleJackieMusic

Then on to the main act which was Jamie Lidell



and BOY! Did he blow me away. I don’t even think I wanna write anything about his forever stamped flyness. Although if I had to say one thing, I’d explain how he makes all his own songs. He beatboxes and plays all the instruments and when it was time for to him tour and become bigger than he’d imagine, he had to hire a band to learn his material. His band seemed a bit awkward, as they are all individuals in their own insanity and creativity.



He actually did a particular song that Taget ended dubbing as if it was their's for one of their commercials. :-O Peep it!




He's been on Letterman and he's an EXTREMELY big deal in the UK. U can find Jamie at www.myspace.com/JamieLidell. And of course what would a day be without seeing beautiful people everywhere u turned ...



And networking my behind off??? I tell u what it wouldn’t be. It wouldn’t be a JwaStar day. I met soooo many amazing people and networked into Kingdom Come. I even met a chick that kinda looked like me!!!



I’m friends with the drummer of Janelle’s band, Pete, so I stayed walking all over the place getting convo wherever I could. Pete introduced me to the guitarist Kellindo from Janelle's band which was pretty cool. I dont even remember how I got into the VIP section but I believe it had sumthin to do with a cool ass security guard and my already made connects. I followed cutie pies out of the venue and just stared in the amazement of all the hot guys in the crowd.



Maybe I’ll find love and won’t boo it next time a great singer wants to dedicate his set to love. Jose James wasn't nuttin to fuck wit!!!

Then off to Fort Greene to dance in the park for the last hour of the party and meet interesting people. Network network network. I guess you’ll have to stick around to see what dope people I have up my sleeve. What a great weekend it was AND it was my birthday. :-D



I got free dinner and wine and even a candle and a cake from a stranger whom I met an hour b4 he became my new friend right in Fort Greene (Thank u TUNDAE!!!). And did the waitress really forget to bring me a fork for my cake??? She didn't bring it until my last bite but I’m dope with the chopsticks tho, I’ll have my cake and eat it too. Lol.



What an absolute best way to end the weekend to a dope ass birthday but it’s not over yet. Erykah Badu here I come! Lol



Peace!!!

1 comment:

Gia Shakur said...

YES!!! Party like a Rockstar happy b day Queen!!!