Sunday, August 3, 2008

Roy Hargrove and my bday

So Today or should I say yesterday now, was my birthday and it started it out early and crazy and long. I been up since 7am cuz i had an 8am appt to get a 2 hour full body massage that was WACK!!! Weird cuz i go to the same person all the time but for some reason he was just dumb wack today. I then left and went and picked up my sidekick Ms. Kena Sage. She's the dopest chick around these here parts of town.

She came with me on errands that ran from Long Island to flushing to Times Square and then to Central Park.

It was all wonderful I mean even including the rain. I mean i wouldn't have minded if it didn't rain half the day but I did get a chance to see Roy Hargrove at SummerStage in the Park.

That was really amazing!! I mean 18 piece band and a cutie pie on the piano :-) (It's always nice to have eye candy.)

In my head I was thinking about my blogspot that I need to put up all day and if there was anyone that I wanted to network with but truthfully it was my birthday so i figured that it was ok to take a break for even one day.

Back to this phenomenal show It was 2 and half hours long of special lady guests scatting and singing with all types of beautiful pipes. 4 trumpet players, 4 trombone players, 5 sax players, 2 different types of drum players, an upright bass player (the dopeman dopeman lol) , the guitar player and last but not least the infamous cutie pie piano player.

Inspiration really just was being dug all out of Roy as he'd belt out out these amazing harmonies all over the stage. Whether he was singing or playin the trumpet or leading his orchestra, he chose to be nothing less than extraordinary tonite. even when the rain came tumbling out the sky for all of 12 minutes his music stayed in tack and so did the fans. He was truly an honor to be able to watch and gift to be able to see and on my b-day at that! :-O

It's amazing what type of inspiration can exude out of seeing 20 some odd people on stage really doing their thing. It really makes me feel like the sky can truly be the limit for my expectations out of life, music and my art. I hope people will come to this blogspot on Jwa's Starz and truly learn and love who I am but rather than hope I'll believe that it will soon come to pass and the joy I'll have from seeing my prosperity is something beyond words.

I'm so tired I could fall alseep on the keyboards right now so let me be gone.

And God said let there be light and so it was...


Believe and I shall have my light too. :-)

Peace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was a good day I take it. It was great insight into Jwa'Star's day, more so your birthday. I enjoyed the read. I almost felt like I was there. I like what you were wearing.